Recently I have updated an new trick about Tweeting Gmail ” Tweets your Messages in Google Apps using TinyGmail “.This trick is done with the help of some Google Scripts. Gmail mailbox are monitered by some Google Scripts. You can make your twitter as a Gmail Notifier by following three steps. First you need to create a new Twitter App for Gmail. Then in the second step you want to link Google Docs and Twitter. In the last step just you need to Follow Gmail on Twitter. Let see how,
First Step : Creating a new Twitter App for Gmail
- Go to Twitter.com and create a new Twitter account for your New Gmail Inbox.
- Then log in to your Twitter account and go to settings page
- Just check the “Protect My Tweets” option.
- Once you finished this go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new
- There sign-in using your Twitter account which was open just before.
- Then create a new Twitter App for Gmail.
- Now do everything and submit the form.
- Next again go to the settings page on your Twitter Application and change the “Access” mode from “Read only” to “Read and Write” .
- We are doing this because we are publishing our notification from Google Docs.
- Lastly save the settings, then switch to the tab that says OAuth Tool and copy the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret Key.
Second Step: Linking Google Docs with Twitter
- Now, log in to your Gmail account.
- Copy the Google Script from here for your Google Drive.
- Then in Twitter go to Tools > Script Editor.
- Then in that just replace the values of ” TWITTER_CONSUMER_KEY ” and ” TWITTER_CONSUMER_SECRET ” with the actual values which was copied just before while creating App. It is also available on dev.twitter.com.
- Now just Choose Run > Initialize and follow the prompts to authorize the script.
- Then Choose Run > Run Program and it should display another dialog like this “Authorization Required” message from Twitter.
- Just hit Authorize to allow the Google Script to publish tweets to your Twitter Gmail account.
Last Step: Follow Gmail on Twitter
- Log in to your old Twitter account and follow your new Gmail account on Twitter which was just created before and sign out.
- Now Log in to your new Gmail account and approve the new follower.
- Then again Log in to your Twitter account now can see tweets for new Gmail messages which was arrived now.
How to Get SMS Alerts for Gmail Messages
For receiving SMS alert, open the Twitter profile page of your Gmail and just turn on Mobile Notifications.
This will work if you have connected your mobile phone with your main Twitter account and verified it.
Note that Your notifications of your mailbox are monitored by Google Scripts.If this generates too many tweets and text messages,you will have to change the value of ” GMAIL_SEARCH_STRING ” in the Google Script.
I hope you like this article. If you like this just share this article with your friends and subscribe. If you have still any doubt about Using Twitter as Gmail notifier then share it in comments ! [via: Labnol, H20 Platform]