How to Share Internet Connection Using ICS in Windows
Welcome Back Guys, today we are here with a new trick by which you can share your internet connection using ICS in windows. The internet is a very basic need of every user having computers and laptops and now a generation has come in which no one can live without internet. As i know mostly in companies they require high speed internet which can be split into many connection basically they need to share internet connection and finds it a little difficult to set it up. That’s for what today we are here with, how can you share internet connection using ics in windows.
Requirements To Share Internet Connection Using ICS
- Two Computer / Laptop
- A High Speed Active Internet Connection (Min. 1 Mbps)
- 1 Modem Or WiFi Router With DSL
- Basic Knowledge Of Networking
What Do We Mean By Sharing Internet Connection Using Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
Sharing Internet Connection means to share your one, single internet connection between two or more computers / laptop. To share your internet connection of one PC you will require to enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on it and connect your host computer to other computers / laptops using a modem.
Steps To Share Internet Connection Using ICS In Windows
There are very basic steps to share your internet connection with other computers and laptops.
- First of all you will require to click on the start menu on your host computer and then click on control panel present over there.
- When the control panel opens up you will see a search box at the top in the right corner, simple search for adapter in it
- When your searched keyword loads you will see “Network And Sharing Center” and inside it you will see an option of “View Network Connections”, you simply need to click on it.
- Now it will take you to your available network adapters. Now you need to right click and select properties of the network, which you want to share with other computers.
- After opening properties you will see two tabs present there, you need to click on the sharing tab and then select “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection“
Note: Sharing tab won’t come up until you are connected to other computers / laptops.
After making these changes now, you need to make some more changes in other computers but not on the host computer.
- Firstly click on the start button present on the toolbar, then simply click on the control panel. After it opens up click on “Network And Internet”
- When “Network And Internet” tab will open you will find a option named as “Internet Options”, you need to click on it.
- Now when it open, click on connection and then on “Never Dail A Connection”
- Now Click On LAN Settings.
- Now In Local Area Network (LAN) setting. Click on IPv4 and clear all the field present inside it and after clearing all the fields click on automatic configuration. for both IP and DNS.
- Now open up Proxy setting, now un-select “Use A Proxy Server For Your LAN”
Thanks For Giving US Your Precious Time. 😀
Hope You All Have Enjoyed This Post, Please Do Comment And Share It.