For using this trick you don’t need any internet connection. You need only your phone and and some main balance in your mobile. If you have these then this will do all things. Now you need to use simple text-messaging-based-SMS service or a menu-based calling service –USSD service. Well, now I am here to share this new trick to book IRCTC train ticket by messaging. Let’s see how it’s works,
Booking IRCTC Train Tickets via SMS
- First you need to register your mobile with your bank account and with IRCTC.
- Then for your bank account they will provide MMID and OTP for authorization of your payment.
- Now after doing this process the passenger need to just type the train number, destination, journey time, time, passengers and all the details about that journey and they want to sent an SMS to 5676714 or 139.
- Now, they will receive transaction ID.
- After receiving this now make make payment by sending another message by typing PAY followed by the transaction ID, MMID as received from the bank and your password.
- Once you finished all this thing successfully, you will receive an message from IRCTC.
- The service is available to all mobile subscribers. Note that Rs.3 will be charged per SMS and payment gateway charges are Rs.5 for ticket amount upto Rs.5,000 and Rs.10 for more than Rs.5,000.
- That’s it!
And for the Airtel users here is the another way. Menu Based Dialing is currently provided by Airtel Money. Follow the method to activate it,
- Note that this method is only for Airtel users.
- Now, Airtel subscribers Dial *400# on your mobile.
- Then, you will receive a Menu Based Screen dialling.
- Now, Select ‘Book Tickets’ option and select ‘Reservation’.
- Now enter details about your journey i.e time,date of journey, station, train no, class, etc.,
- Then, enter the mPIN for authorizing payment through mobile wallet.
- That’s it, you will receivee booking confirmation SMS from IRCTC.