It you are getting irritated by Dual Boot Window, every time you turn on your computer and wish to get rid of it then deleting your unused operating system (OS) from the Boot loader is the simplest way to do it. This will not only avoid the manual labor of having to select an operating system every time you start your computer, it will also save improve power consumption by preventing your PC from booting the unnecessary operating system in the background. Removing an OS from Boot loader is easy with the in Windows and can also decrease boot time.
Method I to Disable Dual Boot In Windows
- Right-click on “My Computer” then select “Properties” from the pops up menu.
- Now select the “Advanced” tab, at the top of new window.
- Click “Settings” under “Startup and Recovery” section.
- Now click “Edit” under the section “System Startup”.
- A text document with some code will show up in Notepad.
- Deleting the line containing the name of the operating system will remove it from Boot Menu.
- Finally Save the modifications and close out of settings.
- Restart your computer to see changes.
Method II to Disable Dual Boot In Windows
- Open configurations by pressing the Windows + R keys, type msconfig in Run Dialog, and press Enter.
- Go to Boot tab.
- Select the operating systems you want to delete. (You can delete non-default OSes )
- Click on Delete.
- Make sure to check the Make all boot settings permanent box, then press OK.
- Authenticate action by clicking on Yes to confirm.
- Now click on Restart button.
Precautions: This will restart the computer immediately. Make sure you have saved your work and data.
Method III (EasyBCD) Disable Dual Boot In Windows
EasyBCD provide a single easy to use application for managing boot loader. There might be reason for you to make changes in Boot Menu.
- You no longer need an Operating System that was used previously in multi boot mode.
- Deleting an incorrect, invalid, or corrupt boot menu entry.
- Or you are experimenting by adding “dummy” entries
- Introduce some single-use entries to perform specific tasks, and perform clean up later
Editing Boot Menu
- First of all download EasyBCD.
- Now open up EasyBCD.
- Go to Edit Boot Menu tab.
- Select the entry you’d like to delete then press the “Delete” button.
- Then you’ll be presented with a dialog authenticate your actions and to ensure that you did not mistakenly select this button. To delete that entry, confirm your action and then the entry will be removed from both EasyBCD as well as boot menu. Also any references to deleted entry will be removed.
- At this point, you will no longer see the option of booting into this entry when turning on your PC. If your boot loader contains only single entry then the boot menu itself will be hidden and you will automatically be booted into the default OS.
Remember to delete only the single line in the Notepad file and also backup any data, file, settings before making any changes.